Friend in Me has been on a mission to create a world where every child feels included. This not-for-profit passion project hopes to create a long-term ripple effect into the teen and adult life of children, ensuring no child is left behind and making inclusion a priority.
We felt honoured to help bring this heart-centred brand to life. Established in 2018, the original brand identity, whilst effective in start-up phase, no longer served the new direction for the organisation and we were approached to take the brand to new heights.
So how did we go about it?
- A client brand questionnaire was completed
- Clarity of mission, vision, purpose and target audiences achieved through an in-depth brainstorm and brand strategy session
- Online research
- Customer personas developed to clarify diverse ideal target audiences (there were 3!)
- Persona descriptors included names, genders, ages, marital status and went as deep as understanding their interests, their fears, where they spend their time and so much more
- Research into similar NFP organisations to ensure that Friend in Me was differentiated and positioned as a serious contender for future corporate sponsorship
- This allowed us to clearly understand who we were designing a brand for, and to ensure that all customer segments were considered during the design and proofing process
- Once the customer segments were finalised and building on the brand strategy session, this information was used as the basis to begin initial concept designs and visual mood boards
- Logo development of three entirely different concepts using diverse fonts, colours and brand elements
- Following presentation, concepts were then refined and amalgamated, colours and fonts adjusted to reach the final approved concept
- The logo has since been applied to a wide variety of applications including stationery, merchandise (which will be available for sale soon), signage, their new website and more
I know that this just doesn’t happen overnight. It happens with lots of research, brainstorming and skill. For that I will be forever grateful.
Louise Larkin, Chief Inclusion Officer – Friend in Me
We are so beyond proud of Louise for driving this mission that has a huge positive impact on the lives of so many children. The feedback of the re-brand has been overwhelmingly positive, and we have definitely felt the love!
If you’d like to develop your brand strategy and brand identity with our team, give us a call on 03 9112 5833 or contact us.
p.s – If you would like to donate to Friend in Me, go to their donation page here or you might consider your child’s next party with a covid-safe virtual zoom party by clicking here!